A little bit about me

My photo
Boise, Idaho, United States
I am a mother of three wonderful girls and a birth-mom to a wonderful young adult. I am my husband’s girlfriend, and I feel so blessed that he and I found each other. I believe he is my soul mate.

I fell in love with the art of photography in the early 80's when my dad handed me his Nikon camera and asked me to take a picture of him and my mother. The camera bug got me.

I am a natural light photographer. I love the way the sun looks on our skin, our hair, and our earth. That is why I use the light God gave us.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Few New Changes

  So I have made a few changes over the last couple of months. While I will still be happy to photograph your family, your babies, I am looking at expanding to new fun and fabulous things in the world of photography art.

 I have branched out to new uncharted territories for myself; I recently tried my eye in the world of wedding photography. I was blessed with a wonderful mentor whose work I have been following for a while now. I think I photographed the world’s calmest bride ever. I enjoyed the experience and all the tools my mentor gave me over the weekend.
 With that said I have accepted a booking for a destination wedding in July, I am very excited for the opportunity to work with this very special bride and groom. I am looking forward to the shoots we have set up leading up to their big day.


I love being behind the lens of my camera. I love capturing special moments in time, that sweet smile of a baby learning something new. I enjoy chatting with the teens who share their secrets with me while I catch those amazing smiles that only come when they are thinking of their current love... I really enjoy the young children being their selves dancing in the grass or looking at fish in a pond. What is more fun than a sweet child showing you how many times they can spin around before they fall down?


However, like I said before, I am trying a few new things. I have found that while at home with my now one year old baby and my ever busy teens I stay up late in the quite hours of my home working on portraits learning new techniques and mastering them.
Then there are those nights when I have all my work done and find that the quietness of my home at night is too much to bare, what ever should I do? Well learn more techniques, explore my art-form.  Aside from exploring the world of wedding photography I find that I really enjoy the peacefulness of our city at night.
I am exploring art photography now and maybe even try my hand at HDR photography. So as I explore some new skills I thought I would start a new window for you all to follow my explorations. It will be the Out & About Art tab.  Here Prints will be available for purchase if you find one you just have to have. I hope that you will enjoy my explorations as much as I do.


Please feel free to call and make your next portrait session with me.  I look forward to working with you all this year. Who knows you may inspire my next piece of art.


Thank you for joining me on this new journey, I will see you soon.


~Shauna


No comments:

Post a Comment